Our Response to COVID-19
We want to do our part to help decrease the spread of COVID-19 in our community. Although many of our team members may not fall directly within the defined vulnerable population for this virus, many of our clients and loved ones do meet that definition. We are taking the following precautionary measures effective immediately:
- Court Appearances. The first person in Chattanooga known to be infected with the virus was at the courthouse for a ceremony on February 28, 2020. We are grateful that none of our attorneys were present at that ceremony and none of us have been present at the courthouse at any day after that ceremony. The Tennessee and Georgia Supreme Courts have cancelled all non-essential hearings at the courts through the end of the month. As such, we will not be making any appearances at the courts for the next two weeks and longer, if deemed necessary.
- Virtual Meetings. We have always offered telephone or video conferences. For the remainder of this month, and longer if deemed necessary, we are conducting all meetings, with few exceptions, via phone or video.
- Work from Home. Our entire team has been given the option to work from home. We value the health and safety of our team and their loved ones.
- Sick Policy. Our firm has always had a written sick policy for our employees and each of them are familiar with it.
- Sanitization. We sanitize our office daily.
- Deliveries. We are serious about limiting the amount of germs that enter our office. As such, we have instructed all delivery personnel to leave items outside our office and not to enter our office.
If you have any questions regarding the measures we are taking during this time, please do not hesitate to contact us at 423.602.2230.